Sunday 21 April 2013

Beaten by the early morning fog

08:00 BST
This morning, I had promised myself a cross country navigation trip round Kent (Rochester, Wadhurst, Rye, Canterbury) but when I got to Rochester Airport it was clear the weather was not going to allow me. Despite good forecasts for the south east of England the airport was fog bound and it was only when I was leaving did things start to improve. Although conditions were rapidly on the mend (see photo below) the aircraft I had booked, G-CEPX was due to be in use so unfortunately I could  not hang(er) around and fly later.

One positive note though was I did find time to visit the cafe and have a cup of tea and a super size bacon baguette! I re-booked for next week. Hopefully the weather will be the same, as it looks like it is going to be a glorious day, but without the early morning fog.

09:30 BST

No comments:

Post a Comment