Monday 27 October 2014

October 26, 2014 - Cross Country Navigation

This Sunday I fancied doing some cross country navigation to revisit some traditional map reading skills and so I picked a route which I thought would be quite relaxing but fun. 

From Rochester I decided to head East over to Whitstable, then South East to find the small Maypole airfield. From here, I decided to track down to the Dover VOR and then west to Folkestone before heading up to Pent Farm (another small airstrip) and then to Clipgate (... another small airstrip) before heading to Canterbury and back to Rochester.

The weather wasn't great but the cloud base was a comfortable 3,000ft. The wind was brisk but there was no turbulence to content with. The rain held off.


All in all, took about 1 Hour 15 minutes from Brakes off to Brakes On. I think I will do the route again and take a longer look at Pent Farm and Clipgate. It is quite relaxing in that you can stay tuned into Southend Radar all the way around, so no chopping and changing on the radio to disturb the tranquility of an early morning flight.

Brakes Off: 08:45(Z) Brakes On: 10:00(Z) Total 1:15 
Total Time: 116:05

Some additional photos included below...



























Brakes Off: 08:45(Z) Brakes On: 10:00(Z) Total: 1:15
Total Hours: 116:05

No comments:

Post a Comment