Sunday 17 August 2014

Avro Vulcan XH558 - The Spirit of Great Britain


I went to the Farnborough Airshow the other day and really enjoy the day out. That said, I could have done without the massive wait to get out of the grass park at the end, but it was my first time of going so I guess you live and learn!



The Avro Vulcan XH558 stole the show for me and you could tell just how much she means to people when prior to her ground roll everybody got on their feet and there was buzz of excitement. 


She didn't let people down because as she rotated she went full thrust (or pretty close I would imagine) and the sound was awesome. I believe they are demonstrating her at airshows with more power than they previously used to. 


This is because with just a couple of years to run, they are trading engine hours against air frame hours. It appears that 2015 could be her last year. I think she is absolutely magnificent. What a name as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment