Sunday 21 December 2014

20 December 2014 - Completing the Night Qualification

Last night I was back at Southend to complete my Night Qualification. I had about 1.5 hours to burn off the 5 hours course requirements so headed up to Earls Colne and Sudbury and then turned left to route over to Cambridge. From here another left turn over Duxford  and to the BKY VOR beacon. I requested a transit through Stansted which was granted. 

Once over the threshold keys of runway 22, I resumed track and Stansted kindly acknowledged another request which was to be passed over to Southend Approach for a traffic service at Chelmsford.


At Chelmsford I was met by a friendly Southend ATC contact who provided a traffic service and a procedural ILS approach to runway 24.

I would recommend doing a Night Qualification to anybody thinking about doing it. Really good fun and some great views. I have been lucky with the weather as I only had to cancel one flight due to fog. This has been a nice end to the year for me. I have enjoyed my flying this year and am pleased about the IMC rating and Night Qualification I've obtained.

Brakes Off 16:40, Brakes On 18:20 Total 1:40
Total Hours: 121:25

No comments:

Post a Comment