Thursday 20 September 2012

Book Review - 101 Things To Do With Your Private Pilots License - Leroy Cook


Book Review - 101 Things To Do With Your Private Pilots License - Leroy Cook

I read this book in December 2011 during the xmas break. It was interesting but I was disappointed with the relationship between the book title and the actual book contents! It is more of a book for those people now past the PPL and starting to fly who want to sharpen their skills. In that regard I could say it included what I could see as useful guidance but I didn't really get a book with a list of things to inspire me. There is an american slant to it but as you know a lot of aviation is standard so in my opinion it does not detract too much from what you can get from the book. It's about 290 pages. At £14.99 published by McGraw Hill I would shop around and read some reviews before purchasing this book. Like I say it's OK but nothing special. One minor gripe, I found the spine cracked when I tried to flatten out the two halves of the book about page 43! 
I now have two books - part 1 and part 2!

My Rating: (5/10)

Comment: It's OK, but nothing particularly special. Enthusiasts with a thirst for any knowledge by all means go ahead. However, for the more discerning you may want to shop around for a more suitably inspiring 'post ppl' type book.

No comments:

Post a Comment