Tuesday 18 September 2012

Isle of Wight and a Spot Of Lunch

September 16, 2012 - I joined my friend Pete in his trusty Robin and we headed off from Headcorn down to the Isle of Wight for a spot of Lunch. We went to Bembridge which I thought was a lovely little airstrip. The journey down there went into IMC (basically cloud) for a few minutes at Hailsham which was a little unnerving for me (he is qualified to fly in IMC) but apart from that everything was fine. Goodwood Information was too busy to give us a basic service as it was the Festival of Speed weekend so fair enough. I guess aerobatic displays, GA traffic and a Battle of Brittain flypast was quite enough to contend with!



Anyway Bembridge - fantastic - There is a lovely little pub there on the airfield called The Propeller Inn which is rammed with aviation memorabilia - a fantastic place to sit down and have a nice lunch and (in my case) a couple of Guinness ..... simply because I could. 


Just passed Bognor Regis and approaching Selsey Bill
for the hop over the water.
Of course an hour later when pushing the Robin back into its hanger at Headcorn I was regretting those two pints of Guinness!!!!!

A lovely day today and I have to say it felt so cool to literally pop over to the Isle of Wight.

More pics can be found on the page section titled - "16 September 2012 - A trip to the Isle of Wight"





No comments:

Post a Comment