Monday 3 February 2014

IMC Rating - Lesson 11 Vectored ILS Southend Runway 24

Yesterday (Sunday Feb 2, 2014) I arrived at Southend (EGMC) to do some ILS approaches. However, due to some ATC requirements I was given vectored ILS approaches instead. This essentially means not doing the typical outbound procedural leg from over the beacon and then turning base to pick up the localiser. In this instance (what I was offered) was somebody providing me vectors (headings to fly) to pick up the localiser directly with one turn.




The weather was lovely and the wind pretty much straight down runway 24 . This meant coming down on final approach all the numbers made sense.

It was hard work (this is still new to me) but I knew it was going to be. It went very well indeed though and Pete my instructor said it was some excellent instrument flying.

Next week the agenda reverts back to the pure ILS approaches if ATC are ok with this at that time.

Departure: 12:50 Arrival: 14:05
Total Time: 1:15 | IMC Rating: 1:05

Total Hours = 64:50 DUAL + 21:00 PIC [P1] + 2:10 [PICUS]
Total IMC Rating: 10:40

Total Time = 88:00

No comments:

Post a Comment