Wednesday 10 June 2015

Sunday June 7, 2015 - Summers Here!

Sunday I decided to take an early morning flight to the coast and back. The weather was lovely and for the first time this year it really felt like summer. Unfortunately I had to wait to fuel up the aircraft so didn't get away quite as early as I would have liked, but it was still nice and quiet in the sky above. 

I had a surprising sight as I was over Sandwich in Kent. Some sort of powered paraglider passed above and in front of me ! He must have been around 2,600ft and was heading towards the disused airfield at Manston at quite a speed! I had never seen this before. I was temped to ask Southend if he appeared on their Radar!

Later in the day I headed down to Tankerton Beach near Whitstable as a family and spent a few hours lazing around on the beach. It was only when I was there soaking up the blissful tranquility when I realised this was pretty much below my earlier flight path!

Video enclosed anyway. Next session will hopefully be back to the aerobatics, weather permitting of course.




Brakes off 08:05 Brakes On 09:10 Total: 1:05
Total Time 134:35

No comments:

Post a Comment